Monday, April 16, 2012

Ode to Justin


I know many of you may get sick of my cheesy “I love marriage!” posts, so if that's how you are feeling than you better not read this. ;)

I love love love my husband!

On Thursday I had a pretty crappy day at work. Everything that could go wrong, did. And it was one of my ten hour shift days so by the end of it I was physically and emotionally exhausted. I was throwing a bridal shower for my old roommate on Friday so I knew that I would not be able to come home and relax after this stressful day. I had a lot of cleaning and shopping to do still and resting was a long way off yet. I came home expecting to find a quiet apartment with a sleeping husband after a long nights work but instead I walked into blaring music, a clean apartment, and a husband folding laundry. When I came up to him he turned around, threw his arms around me, and shouted, “Welcome home!”. And being in the emotional state that I was, I pretty much just burst into tears. And this my friends is why I love marriage. The world can just really tear and beat me down sometimes. But I get to come home to someone wonderful who loves me and takes care of me and always tries to make my days better and my mood happier. And not only did he clean the apartment for me, but he also helped me for hours upon hours cutting fruit, making salads, decorating the apartment, and he even went to Walmart and bought me some more ribbon. And if you can picture a big man like Justin buying a spool of lacey ribbon, well... then you can picture how much he loves me haha. He is so good to me. I just love him so much and am so so lucky to have him.

(And in case you were wonering, the shower was a huge success! But that blog will have to wait for another day).

2 comments:

Shilah said...

This post made me Super Happy! It's great that you have such a great hubby:)Love you!

kenzis said...

AWWW he's a good egg. The shower turned out PERFECT! :-) BTW the panda video that you commented on, I almost cried I was laughing so hard and played it about a million times..so yes.. you should have been laughing that hard :-) Love you.

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...