Thursday, December 15, 2011

Book of the Week


There are some books that I read over and over just for fun because I like the story and am entertained. Then there are books that I read over and over again because of the important message it contains, or because I learn something new every time I read it, or simply because I need a book to remind me of what I have. This week's book is one of those books. This week I re-read "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. This book is about a futuristic community who have decided to switch to "sameness". Everything is the same, and every part of their lives is assigned to them: such as their job, their spouse, even their children. This book may be short, but it really makes me stop and think about how lucky I am to live in this country and being able to make my own decisions, make my own mistakes, and do pretty much whatever I want with my life. Read it. I promise you won't regret it. It's a really good book to read in the month of December.

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...