Sunday, August 28, 2011

Broken Buzz, Parents, and Apostles... and some other stuff too!

Last night the Palmer parents met the Wright parents. EEK! Everyone was really nervous for this meeting.

Yesterday morning I had to drive down to SLC for my first dress fitting. It went great and I am now in possession of my dress. Putting it on for the second time made me SO excited! I can't wait until October 6 where I can wear it all day and you can all see it!

So anywho... back to my story. I was going to drive sepparate to Maddox in Brigham City so that I could just head back to Logan after the dinner. But sadly Buzz (my car) sputtered and spat his protest and I didn't get past the on-ramp of Kaysville. BUMMER! So my parents had to turn around and pick me up and we just left Buzz stranded on the side of the road so that we could get to dinner on time. (We think it is just the fuel pump. I am just praying that it is nothing more serious than that! Poor Buzz!)

The initial meeting went great and while we were waiting for our table not only did we run into one of my sixth grade teachers, Mrs. Noel, we also saw ELDER NELSON waiting for a table as well! He was dressed in a really nice suit of course so he kind of stood out. One of the things on my bucket list is to shake hands with an apostle. I was trying to build up my courage to go over and talk to him, but I chickened out and he got a table. Dang! But as we were walking to our table we passed him at his and he was eating corn on the cob which was a very different image to have in your head of an Apostle haha. Anyway, that's the first time I have seen an Apostle in public and it was a pretty cool experience! I just hope it happens for me again cause I REALLY want to knock that one off of my bucket list!!

The rest of the dinner went great and our parents seemed to really hit if off. Whew! Thank heavens is all I can say!

So right now we are just busy busy busy with wedding plans and trying to get everything finalized. We took our engagement pictures this last Thursday and will hopefully have them tomorrow (Monday) and I can't wait to see how they turned out! We are hoping to start sending invitations out next Monday so if you have not given us your address PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do so!

Also, this Saturday (September 3) is my friend bridal shower so if you want an invite talk to Amanda Wright cause she is hosting it. I know she sent an invite on facebook but I know some of you don't have facebook so this is me inviting you.

Oh and Friday is my birthday so you can send me presents! haha j/k. ;) Later gator!

1 comment:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

Sad Buzz! Sad Bunny Buzz! Hope it's nothing too serious or expensive. Can I pretty please get a sneak peak at your dress?! As your best friend, you basically have to! ;)

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...