Friday, August 28, 2009

A Month of Goodbyes

Whew.... summer flew by so fast. TOO fast! This year, summer was amazing. I went to Bear Lake a grand total of nine times in one summer. I believe that is my record. I got to see tons of family, tons of friends. I was finally, finally, finally able to go back to school. And managed to get fairly decent grades to boot! (And if you know me, and know how hard my nutrition class was for me, you will know that the last sentence was in no way a sentence of bragging. More of a sentence of relief and shock) And I also had a great miracle happen to me this summer. This summer, will officially and forevermore be known, as the summer that I beat all three siblings on the tan contest! (That brother of mine is a tough one to beat!)
So this August has been the month of goodbyes. I say goodbye to summer. I sadly say goodbye to my nice tan skin. I say goodbye to being warm(keep in mind I live in Logan), long days lying on a beach, my open sun roof, and everything else that goes along with that season.
But I have also had to say goodbye to three very, very good friends this month. One is moving to Canada, the other two are going on missions. These goodbyes were horribly hard. These goodbyes were goodbyes to three of my very best friends in the entire world. I was actually able to spend an entire day with Kelsey and Lorissa, not so much with Alejandra. I am so glad we three got that time together though. They handled it so well, I on the other hand came home and bawled my eyes out. But I am so proud of these friends, and I know they are moving on to bigger and better things in their lives.
So right now, at this moment, everything changes. Everything is new. New season. New classes. New roommates. New ward. New friends. New experiences. New everything. Bring it on!

1 comment:

Kelsey Fairbanks said...

I will write to you and we will be pen pals!!! Thanks Kristi, I miss you too... and I cried too... don't worry!!

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...