Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pee Pee Fountains

The other day Justin was in desperate need of a nap before I left for work and he was on baby duty, so Leland hung out with mom while I got ready for work that morning. After a while he got bored of his toys so I took off his pants and diaper and plopped him in the sink. He played with the faucet and got himself all wet, played with the hair products, make up brushes, and other items on my counter, and basically just had a good old time discovering a new spot in the house that he hadn't been able to explore before. As I was putting on my mascara I look up to see him playing in a puddle. At first I just figured that he had gotten the counter all wet from turning on the faucet. At second glance I realized that the liquid was not clear, so I thought maybe he had spilled the hand soap. On third glance I finally realized that the liquid was yellow and not orange like our hand soap. Pee, it was pee! ALL over my counter. And Leland was splashing his hands in his own urine. Grrrreat. All of a sudden he looks down and another little fountain of yellow liquid starts shooting up, so he starts playing in it while it is spraying all over. By this time I was laughing so hard I could barely breathe and he was giggling as well. A few dozen Clorox wipes later and lots of REAL hand soap for both of us, I had a great story to share. He is ALL boy, this one! Days later and I am still laughing about this little pee pee fountain episode. I feel like I could be on one of those Clorox commercials... you know the ones... the ones that make you cringe and smile at the same time. Youtube them if you haven't seen them, they will make your day. Anyway, I got some cute pictures of my little man before all of the pee pee chaos happened. Isn't he adorable?! I could just EAT HIM UP!!!




He LOVES to look at himself in my hand mirror. 

No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...