Friday, January 18, 2013

When I'm Feeling Sad

"When the dog bites. When the bee stings. When I'm feeling sad. I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad." Wise words from "The Sound of Music" yes? These last few months I feel like I have been such a negative Nelly, a total Debbie downer if you will. Guess what? It's hard to be happy go lucky when you feel so yucky! But I have felt yucky for soooo long that it's come to a point where I am starting to miss my old happy self. No, I am not always a glow worm kind of happy- but I really do try.
I wish I were a glow worm
A glow worms never glum.
Cause it's hard to be sad
When the sun shines out your bum!
Anyway. Last night as I was laying in bed the lyrics from this song popped into my head. I  realized that there are so many things in this world that I love. I should make a list of some of them. Okay, that sounds cheesy, but the theory behind it is good right?
Ahem....

Kristi's Favorite Things:
  • falling asleep while holding hands with Justin
  • seeing my baby's heartbeat for the first time
  • Zorro's happy feet dance he does when he is about to get a treat
  • the smell of a campfire
  • the last page of a really good book
  • rounding the last corner in Logan Canyon and getting that first glimpse of Bear Lake
  • feeling the grass between my toes for the first time in the spring
  • singing my favorite jam in the car at the top of my lungs
  • the first snow fall
  • seeing the American flag being held by soldiers in a parade
  • the sound of a baby's laugh
  • collapsing into bed at night after a long busy day
  • waking up in a tent after it has rained
  • helping a stranger
  • an icy cold Mt. Dew
  • when Reeses Easter eggs hit the shelves
  • frozen cherries from the Fruit  Heights orchards
  • holidays
  • getting the whole family together without anyone missing
  • getting mail
  • long chats with old friends
  • winning a game of nerts
  • the thrill I feel in my tummy that can only come from riding a horse, waverunner, or four wheeler
  • when someone brings up Harry Potter or Friends in a conversation
  • a really good "That's what she said" joke
  • moments in my life that remind me of Brian Regan
  • all the motorcycle engines that can be heard in Logan the first warm day of spring (thanks to Justin)
  • a really good tan
Life really is grand! And so full of wonderful things! What are some of your favorite things? I would love to read them! Happy Friday everyone! I hope you have a great weekend!


No comments:

The Divine Calling of Motherhood

It's late. I need to be in bed right now, but the pull to write is stronger than the pull of my night time meds, so .... here I am. T...